American Policy Roundtable Logo
  40 Days of Prayer for Congress
Bookmark and Share


For the Common Good
By David Zanotti

Jordan Versus Trump

The Philosophy of Science and Medicine
By Dr. Charles McGowen

Affordable Care, Atheism and Astrophysics

A Moment in History
By Dr. Jeff Sanders

National Geographic, The Little Ice Age, and Climate Change

The Public Square The Latest on
The Public Square

40 Days of Prayer for Congress 2017, Part I
March 30, 2017
2 Minute Format Archive

They Just Can't Do It
March 24, 2017
60 Minute Format Archive

Sign up for the
Roundtable eNewsletter

What's the Issue?

From funding, choice and union activities to teacher certification and what is actually taught in the classroom, education's impact on American public policy is more far reaching than any other issue. Whether you have children or not, education's public debate affects you.

Now, more than ever before, we cannot ignore the life changing impact of America's education system. In Ohio and across the country, State Legislatures debate vouchers and charter schools as they explore or oppose school choice. Out of Washington D.C., academic standards and attached tax dollars are a convenient political tool to hold states and local communities hostage to the "politically correct" sentiments of the day.

Now, our judicial system has entered the education arena. Here in Ohio, the Supreme Court has overstepped their constitutional authority to try to shape school funding. While these power struggles are being played out, children are not reading and parents have to worry about their child's very life when they send them off to school.

The most important thing you can do is to pay attention, regardless of whether you have children or not. We hear over and over again that Education is the #1 issue everyone is concerned with. Not so, it is the largest single issue that draws support. For example, if 25% of people polled say education is their biggest concern, that leaves 75% of those polled spreading their support over a variety of different issues. Visit your local schools and school board meetings, hold your elected officials accountable for the tax money spent on education and most importantly, pray for the children of Ohio.